Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Love You A Bushel & A Peck

One of the things Nana used to always say to us was that she loved us "a bushel and a peck." Truthfully, I'm not even sure what that means. I just always figured it was some phrase from when she was growing up on the farm in Mississippi.

Then today, Mom and I saw Julie & Julia (more on that later, but I LOVED it!), and in the middle of the movie there's a scene with "Bushel & A Peck" in the background! It turns out it's a song from Guys and Dolls. It gave me a big smile to listen to the words for the first time.

Of course, I had to find the song for you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.