The rules are simple. I'm going to share 6 things about me that you probably don't know. Then I'm going to call out a few of my favorite blog buddies and ask them to do the same.
- I'm really an introvert. No one ever believes me. For one, I was a cheerleader in high school and now I'm in sales and working for myself. Those two things don't exactly mesh with being introverted. Obviously, I'm not shy and I can carry on a conversation with a wall. The thing that no one knows, however, is that it often takes just about everything I've got to go do those things and they deplete me. Being introverted or extroverted is more about where your energy comes from - do you turn inward to fill yourself back up or do you get energy from being with others. For me, it's entirely internal. If I can't find time every day to shut the world out and just be quiet for a little while, I don't function very well.
- I was the Secretary of College Republicans my sophomore year of college. I'm not proud of it, but it's true. I wish I could say that my reason for this sin was something reasonable like there was a hot college guy involved, but the truth is I was just young and naive.
- I played the flute in my high school marching band, but have no "this one time, at band camp" stories. Sorry.
- The night I adopted Betsey and Ross, I laid in bed, reached down to pet one of them on the floor (they were only 8 weeks old and not able to jump up on the bed yet or maybe they just weren't yet comfortable with me either) and thought to myself "what in the world have I done bringing rodents into my life?" Almost 13 years later, I don't know what I'd do without these "rodents". For the record, I didn't grow up with pets and Betsey and Ross were the first pets I'd ever had.
- I've saved all the love letters I've ever received and every once in awhile I sit down and read them and feel grateful.
- In college, I kept my socks and underwear drawer in a way that could only be described as OCD. The socks were all folded and organized by color - white went horizontally and the colors were vertical by color. One day, I came home to discover that this drawer had been ransacked and all my socks were mismatched and completely disheveled. Because I was an RA and the other RAs in my building and I liked to play practical jokes on each other (we all had master keys that got us anywhere we wanted to go), I knew exactly who'd done it - Kay Kay, Zook, Koko, and Ben (yes, my friends had and still have crazy names). I was furious, but it showed me how ridiculous this anal retentiveness of mine was. My sock and underwear drawer is still neat, but not OCD neat.