Thursday, January 1, 2009

Soundtrack for 2009

Music defines my life. In fact, there's a soundtrack for every part of my life. I can hear a song and immediately be transported to a random chapter in my life. It sustains me in hard times and lifts me up to keep going and be better. In the good times, I celebrate to music.

If 2008 is any predictor, 2009 will present us with many opportunities (aka challenges) and we will need a soundtrack to keep us going. The songs below are my selection for the 2009 soundtrack. What would you add?

Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield


Beautiful by Christina Aguilera
This is the live performance from her appearance on the CNN Heroes special on Thanksgiving.


Superwoman by Alicia Keys


Yes We Can by will.i.am


Amazing Grace by Leann Rimes


Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Eva Cassidy


Life Uncommon by Jewel


World by Five for Fighting (tribute to Obama)
I love that someone turned this video into a tribute to Obama. It really sums up how I felt standing in Grant Park on Election Night.


I would also include Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson. The first time I really heard the words of Breakaway I was in Davenport's Piano Bar in Chicago with my brother. He'd just moved to Wicker Park and we were roaming around one night. We walked into this little bar with the cool front and about an hour later the waiter grabbed the mike and belted out this song. I was mesmerized. Click on the link above to watch the video. I couldn't include it here because it mucked up all the other videos and didn't work properly itself.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the videos. I always liked that Jewel song and I loved the Obama tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.