Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Our Inauguration

Much has been made of the fact that today isn't just the inauguration of President Barack Obama (God, I LOVE saying that!), but it's OUR inauguration too.

To that end, I am taking the Oath of the President of the United States and I invite you to join me.
"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of the President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

This is me at my first press conference as President. (That actually really is me in the Press Room of the White House - the only room in the West Wing where picture taking is allowed - on April 30, 2000.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.