Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Greatest $15 Insurance Policy I'll Ever Buy

In light of the fact that gas is now $4.299 per gallon, I decided that should better protect my gas tank. For as much as I love my Honda Civic (have I mentioned it gets over 30 mpg before?), the one thing it doesn't have is a locking gas cap. Sure, it has a lever that I pull from the inside to flip the little door open, but once you're past that hurdle, my gas is your gas. Now, I haven't heard of rampent gas siphoning in Arlington Heighs (or anywhere), but I'm sure it happens. I don't need my neighbor to get burglarized (note: that's not my street, but it is my town) before I think to lock my doors and the same applies to my car's gas tank.

So today, among my other errands, I ran into Pep Boys to purchase a locking gas cap. The clerk told me they can't keep these things in stock! And I was pleasantly surprised to discover it was only $15, which is more than it used to cost me to fill up my Honda, but I digress. I don't think any car "fix it" has ever cost less than an arm and a leg and given the laws of supply and demand, you can imagine my pleasant surprise at the cheap price.

I'd like to encourage you to spend $15 on a locking gas cap. It will give you peace of mind and protect your investment in that tank of gas. The gas you might save will be your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.