Monday, July 14, 2008

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Blog . . .

Note: Little Merry Sunshine has been temporarily hijacked by Betsey and Ross.

This is Ross . . . .

Betsey and I don't often get to speak, but we decided that we have something to say. Our mom isn't here right now, so we thought this would be a good time to write on her blog. But PLEASE keep this a secret . . . she might not be so happy we did this.

We just want to say "thank you" to everyone for their warm birthday wishes. And the fireworks were amazing. Do you know how cool it is to have an entire country declare a holiday and throw parades and fireworks and festivals just for you?

ROSS! What are you doing with my blog?

Mom, I'm speaking. You get to talk ALL the time. This WHOLE blog is about you.

ROSS GARDNER! We need to talk. You are in BIG trouble!

Just ignore her. As I was saying, Betsey and I appreciate the cards and notes and presents and parades and fireworks. I apologize for not issuing this "thank you" sooner, but do you know how difficult it is to wrestle Little Merry Sunshine from my Mom?

Ross, REALLY, we need to talk.

MOM. Give it a rest!

Anyway, the best part of our birthday was the presents. We LOVE the presents. Betsey's favorite is the feather boa. I've never seen her race and jump around for any of the feather toys. Usually, she lets me have them all to my self - I'm quite the gymnast. But Betsey really hogs this one! I haven't been able to play with it yet. That's ok because I love the new balls I can bat around on the floor and trip my mom with when she's wearing high heels or first thing in the morning. HAHAHAHAHA! You should see that!

So thank you for making our birthday, the 4th of July, extra special!

This is Betsey . . .

Thank you Mom for all the yummy birthday treats! I love the new feather boa. It's so girly, just like me! Finally a feather toy Ross doesn't like. Yeah!

Are you both finished? First, let me say, that although I do not appreciate that you hijacked my blog, I do think it's nice that you wanted to say thank you to everyone for their presents, cards, and birthday wishes. But I think there's something you need to know. I know I've always told you that the 4th of July parades, fireworks, and festivals were all in your honor. But they're not. The 4th of July is the day that the 13 American Colonies declared their independence from England in 1776.

Betsey & Ross in unison: WHAT? You lied to us?

Yes and I'm sorry. I just wanted your birthday to be special. And I wanted you to not be afraid of the fireworks as you were on your first birthday. But don't worry, Santa IS real.

Boy are we PISSED. We will get her though. She won't sleep tonight that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Betsey & Ross,

    This was a really great blog & put big smiles on my face & in my heart.

    However, instead of scolding Betsey & Ross for "hijacking" your blog, it is my very strong opinion that since you do spend a lot of time of your blog talking all about Betsey & Ross, that they should be allowed to have EQUAL ACCESS & TIME to type on your blog in order to tell the world how they feel about you; to air their grievances; and to tell all of your blog fans some of your SECRETS about silly, dumb,
    funny things that you do.

    Just my opinion . . . YEAH! BETSEY & ROSS! CONGRATULATIONS for finally finding a way to "hijack" your Mom's blog so that YOUR OPINIONS can be heard too. I know that the WORLD was HAPPY to HEAR from you & I'm certain that all Jessica's Blog Fans would look forward to hearing from you again & frequently!!!

    UP WITH CATS!!!

    Love,
    Mom [to Jessica]
    Grandma [to Betsey & Ross]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. Betrayed by my own Mom.

    - shaking my head in disbelief -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.