Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Love Facebook!

For the 3rd or 4th time in as many months, I have reconnected with a long lost childhood friend through Facebook. And I don't mean that we found each other on Facebook, sent a friend request and now are Facebook Friends (TM). Yes, we've done that, but we've gone further and had real conversations and become part of each others lives again.

First, it was Laurie. We were good friends in high and on the cheerleading squad together. It turns out she's living back in the area and her sister owns Grand Cru Wine Merchants, a wine shop about a mile from my house.

Next, it was Paul. We've known each other since we were 6. The first thing he said to me when we reconnected was "do you still hate me for throwing that baseball through your sliding glass door"? For about a month in 1982 after my house burned down, we were back door neighbors. We chat a couple of times a week now after not speaking since high school. And, for the record, I don't hate him. I don't think I hated him then. But it's fun to laugh about that door, especially since no one got hurt. He now lives in California.

Tonight, it was Jeff. Again, Jeff and I have known each other since we were 6. We had fun catching up tonight and sharing all kinds of crazy memories (none of which I'm going to share here - sorry!). I think we both even learned a few things that we didn't know. Jeff is living in Lake Villa.

How did we find and reconnect with long lost friends before the Internet and Facebook? Thanks Al Gore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.