Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Should Have Partied Like It's 1999 . . .

Friday morning, I woke up with a wicked sore throat and could feel the congestion beginning, so I took it easy and drank lots of fluids believing that pumping myself full of vitamin C and water would quite literally flush out whatever bug was thinking it might attack my body. Saturday morning, I woke up with an even more sore throat and stuffiness in my head. Thinking I should take care of myself, I bagged the plans to go dancing and drinking at Sidetrack with Tim, Tony, and Ted. I even added an insanely hot and long shower to my regime of vitamin C and water.

Now, it's Wednesday and I have a full-fledged summer cold. I've gone through an entire box of Kleenex and have added DayQuil, Robitussin and some nasal spray, but have given up on the vitamin C. My head feels like it is about to explode. If it would, at least I'd be free of the snot that builds up faster than I can blow my nose.

You might be thinking, "Well, Jessica, quit bitching and go see your doctor." That's a nice idea, but the most she can do is give me an antibiotic and I don't like those. The truth is that this simply has to run its course. Other than the head that's currently holding more snot than brains and the sore throat, I feel fine. My energy is good and my attitude is better.

But, damn, I wish I'd gone out on Saturday night. If I'd known that taking care of myself wouldn't do any good, I would have partied like it's 1999.

UPDATE 4:25pm: This nasty cold hadn't really interfered with work until 30 minutes ago when I was on the phone with a new client and started hacking away uncontrollably. EXCELLENT impression. I'm sure she's excited about having me in her home tomorrow. Now I must go see what powerful drugs I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.