Monday, September 22, 2008

2009 Gardening Preview

Thanks to the generosity of Gourmet Goddess, my 2009 garden will be blossoming with some incredibly beautiful and yummy veggies!

Last week, I emailed Gourmet Goddess, an incredible gardener, and asked her some questions about gardening, specifically were there veggie bulbs I could plant now that would automatically grow next year. She offered me wonderful advice and then directed me to some wonderful websites, Park Seed and The Garlic Store where I promptly stocked up on some fantastic garlic. These sites are great because they even cater to the idiot gardener (me).

As if she weren't already generous enough, she then emailed and said she had some leftover seeds from this year that she had decided not to use next year and she'd be happy to give them to me! So on Friday, I stopped by her office, while I was at Lake Forest College doing reunion work, and found 3 packs of tomato and pepper seeds waiting for me! Yeah!

Thanks to Gourmet Goddess, here's part of what I will be growing next summer:

Red Lighning Hybrid Tomatoes (aren't they beautiful?)


The Godfather Hybrid Pepper

Ancho (Poblano) Pepper

All from Burpee. I don't know about you, but I'm really hungry now! I can't wait to break ground in 2009!

Thanks Gourmet Goddess! You'll have to join me for dinner one night next summer.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad they will be useful to you. Should you happen to have an extra tomato seedling next year, let me know. I would be happy to give it a home, as I might try one in a large container....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.