Saturday, September 20, 2008

Next Year Is Here!

You may recall the long-term on-and-off love affair I just haven't been able to wiggle my way out of. Despite my lifetime of monogamy to this relationship, my heart has been stomped on repeatedly. Yet each time he says "next year is here," I pick up the pieces of my shattered hopes, dreams, and love, and come crawling back. This man simply has a strong hold on my heart and no matter what he does or how much he hurts me, I just keep coming back. You may say it's unhealthy to be so entwined, especially after all the heartache I've endured over the years, and I would agree. I wish I knew how to quit him, but the fact is, he completes me.

But the thing is, after all the times he's thoroughly let me down and crushed all my dreams, I think, no, I really believe that this time he's not just jerking me around. This is it. No heartbreak in 2008.

I believe that after all the years as the "lovable losers" and the near misses in 1945, 1969, 1984, 1989, 1998, 2003, and 2007, THIS is the year. The Cubs really are going all the way. This year, they'll end that 100 year old drought and win the World Series.



Updated: The Magic Number is ZERO! For the first time in a century, the Cubs have back-to-back playoff trips and are the NL Central Champs!

1 comment:

  1. Saw your comment at Dr. Monkey's. I am a transplanted Chicagoan living in Los Angeles, and I bleed Cubs blue. So, I don't know if you saw this video but it's great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.