Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday.

There aren't too many people in this world I admire and respect unconditionally, but my mom tops that very short list. To say she is one of my heroes is not an exaggeration.

My mom has always been a visionary woman. She thinks outside the box and in ways that others can't or won't. When she sees an injustice she is always the first to step in and create justice. Going back as long as I can remember, my mom has been solution oriented and a problem solver. In fact, she solves problems before most people know they exist.

She has taught me to always help those less fortunate and me, and no matter how hard I might think I have it, there's always someone who has it tougher. Compassion and empathy are things my mom taught me not through words, but through her own actions. Time and time again, my mom has given a voice to those without one.

I am so proud to be my mother's daughter.

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you very much!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment on Little Merry Sunshine. Due to the volume of spam comments, all comments must be approved to ensure they are not spam or spambots. Thank you for understanding.